Traveling with a family member with autism can be challenging to say the least. We at AutismAtTheParks are dedicated to help families make the most of their vacation experiences in Central Florida.
We are about to embark on our fifth cruise. We are very excited and yet, as is probably typical for families who have someone with special needs, somewhat nervous about the upcoming vacation.
Our goals for this trip are:
1. Have fun.
2. Ensure our son has an enjoyable cruise with minimal behaviors.
3. Eat well but not gain more than 20 pounds (Just kidding...I hope).
4. Win enough at Bingo so we can book our next cruise while on the ship.
5. Try the specialty drink of the day at least every other day.
6. Experience new adventures that are outside our normal comfort zone including the Zip Line on Labadee.
7. Survive with the three of us in an inside cabin for 8 nights.
I will be Tweeting live from the Independence of the Seas on boarding day, January 31, 2015, so follow me on twitter @AutismAtThePark.
Next: Preparing for our cruises